Tuesday, April 17, 2012

And Nearly 2 Weeks After The Adoption..

I am finally posting something!  WOOT!  You would think things would've chilled and become manageable by now but noooooo.

Here's a little ditty I would like to share. Since Little Buddy was on Spring Break during the adoption, we celebrated with his class the following week. The kids (fellow students he has known for the last year and a half) all made him Adoption Day cards and read them to him. Pictured sitting beside him is his awesome Principal.. a man that came along side him his very first day, has been a wonderful role model and a good buddy.

We're blessed to have angels everywhere, let me tell ya..
After the beautiful cards were read, they sat at their tables and sang him songs.  Auntie MooMoo, Nantie (she came down from Graceland in Cheyenne!) and I sugared the kids out with cupcakes, ice cream and pop....

 Then we sent them home, teeth a-buzzin' and completely spazzed out.
It was a great afternoon!

4 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I love how the school got involved in your family's special event.

Kristin said...

Melissa, I am so happy for you and those beautiful children. I truly LOVE that picture of you and Little Buddy.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Hooray! I love everything about this post... :)

ShanaM said...

What a great school!!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.