Thursday, September 2, 2010

iRant

So, last Spring I wrote about how peeved I was over the search for my birth mother. It had come to a screetching halt. --> REFRESHER <-- Basically, I have a very common birth name... it's not Smith or Jones but apparently close enough. The company I contracted with (I finally bit the bullet and shelled out the cashola) also hit a wall with the name. I was told to call Los Angeles County, have them pull my nonid info again and ask them a couple of questions that weren't addressed the first time it was opened 5 years ago. They put me on "The List" and kindly told me it would be THREE MONTHS before a worker would be assigned to my case. WHAT THE? Knowing how easy it is to fall through the cracks in The System, I have contacted them every few weeks since to make sure I was still present and accounted for. I was.

This past week marked 3 months and I made my call.

Holding breath.

Stomach churning.

Much to my surprise (insert dramatic eye roll here) I was advised that, due to recent cutbacks, I am still unassigned. Will it be a week? A month? 6 months? No clue. Just.. well.. you know.. sometime. Keep checking back..

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Can I just say how BEYOND peeved I am that I, as a 40-something, can't even get random information about myself without feeling like I am pulling teeth??? You would THINK I should have the right to search and at the very least seek her out to find out the family's medical history. Trust me, it's no fun being a hypochondriac and worrying about ALL the crazy stuff I could have.

GrumbleGrumbleGrumble...

2 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

It's so not right.

Have you tried a Search Angel? Will email you with more info, when I find it.

Kristin said...

That seriously sucks. Sorry you're having to go through so much to get it.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.