Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year?

Not for everyone...

We've had a huge influx of family visiting since Thanksgiving and the distractions have been wonderful.  That being said, I still have had to lug out (and face) the Christmas decor and that has been no fun.  When I finally got the kids down for "quiet time" last Saturday, I was in the basement trying to maintain what's left of my dignity while digging through Christmas containers.  With my iPod jamming me to deafness, I was doing really well ... until I got to our stockings.  Then I fell apart... 

In a big way.

I had custom stockings made for Matt and I back in '02 and coming across them literally dropped me to my knees.  I could barely breathe my heart hurt so badly and I cried like a child.

It was August 12th all over again.

This grieving stuff completely sucks... however, it's a process I have no choice but to face.  If not now, when?  Once I regained composure and got on with the business of decking the halls it all wasn't nearly as crushing.  I'm not quite done yet but should have the house all purty-like by the weekend.  Normally I would be totally freaked out I'm so behind.  This year, not so much.

Please don't get me wrong, I love Christmas..

Just not this one.

2 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Breathing with you. Abiding...

I love you, my friend.

Elizabeth said...

I am right there with you. My husband had emergency surgery the Monday before Thanksgiving due to a ruptured bowel. Turns out to be Stage 4 colon cancer and more.

I just couldn't face getting Christmas decorations out this year. Thankfully his nephew, wife and her mom came over and put up the tree for our 6 yr old.

You are in my prayers this holiday season.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.