Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Calm Before The Storm

At the end of this coming week, the staffing meeting will take place and paperwork will be filed in court. The transition to return home will begin.

We have been advised not to say a word about it to Jack and Jill until everything is set in stone. Mom is obviously chatting up the move during visits because they keep bringing it up and their behaviours are starting to show signs of turmoil. Her nightmares have started up again and both are manic-hyper after visits. Jack keeps asking Nantie if she still loves him and, as you can imagine, the conversations bring her to tears.

We're going to start the packing process soon so we're not scrambling the night before the move. Nantie picked up brightly colored boxes that will work great for the tons of toys and clothes that will be going. The transport workers had better rent a Ryder truck for the load.

No joke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there ... I'm a lurker, so I do not know you more than what you share here. My heart breaks for you, and your fam, who have loved whole heartedly these two little souls. They will carry that with them, even if they don't realize it. Bless you all for doing that for them. They have been so lucky to have you in their daily lives, and will be lucky to have you in the rest of their lives in whatever shape that takes.

Mary Ellen said...

This whole thing puts a lump in my throat the size of a baseball. I want you to know that I admire your strength and the love that is so obviously in your heart.

These children have been blessed to have been part of your family, and I believe that they will carry you and the precious gift of love you gave with them always.

God bless you.

Karen Hartzell, Graco said...

Ok...luckily I can type without looking at the keys (mostly) b/c my eyes are blurred with tears. My heart breaks for you and I pray for all of you to find the strength you need to make it through this. I know I am hoping for the best outcome for the kids. We all know what that is without even saying. ;-)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.