Saturday, May 8, 2010

Today...

I am working on JuneBug's Goodbye Book. I lost a boat load of pictures when the hard drive on my laptop crashed, but I still have some. Yes, I lost all the pictures of the twins (we're talking hundreds) that I hadn't saved to my Kodak Gallery account, as well. Don't even start on me about backing up.. I got the lecture already (and was none too happy about it, I might add).

Are ya'll feeling my cranky vibes?

Today Bug and I are headed to the store to stock up for our Mother's Day brunch. Gramsie and Nantie's beautiful delights have arrived, we'll get cards and meander the aisles. And drive slowly. No rushing now. If she wants to stop and look at something, by golly, we'll stop. By this time next week she'll be gone. It almost hurts to breathe when I think about it.

So I won't..

Hopefully some sunshine and fresh air will help clear away some of my blue funk. For now we smile to mask the grief and turn away when the tears come. Laughter fills the house but it blankets deep sadness. We are chatting-up the family coming soon to see her, fun plane rides and how much they love her. My head totally gets the move.. these types of placements are what the county strives for.

It's my heart that needs convincing. Real quick like.

6 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Oh, Melissa. I wish I had a balm that would soothe your huge heart.

Holding you (and JB) in mine this week.

XOXO

Laurel said...

Ok, so you made me cry. Or, rather, the love you have for a child you never even knew some months ago made me cry. But yet, He had a plan for HER that included YOU. He had a plan for YOU that included HER. How HE must LOVE YOU.

Can you even imagine, Melissa? Your heart is so big...that He has placed children on your path...to be nurtured by you...and through you...by HIM. Ummm, like holy cow?!

I'm praying like crazy for your heart, for JB, For DH and everyone else! Wish I could squeeze your neck and attempt to talk to you in various accents that would never live up to your amazing talent.

xoxoxo

Kristin said...

Please, please tell me you still have that hard drive. There is a program called Photo Recovery that can save pictures off of drives that have crashed or lost formatting. I didn't learn about it until after I lost the pictures from my sister's wedding.

You would need to hook the old hard drive up as a slave drive to the new hard drive and then run the program.

I'm praying for you. {{{Hugs}}}

cloudmaster said...

I had that happen with some of our original pictures of (S). Learned my lesson then. I sure hope you are able to recover them somehow.

On a bright note, the delights arrived here today. DW loves them "original". (S) has looked at them but won't touch them yet. Not sure why, but like I said she is picky. I am amazed at how fast they arrived.

Thank you so much

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I so admire that you give these kids your whole heart each placement! They deserve nothing less but it takes a STRONG woman to do that knowing that it may not be permanent. You deserve the happiest of Mother's Days for sure. Love you girl and praying for you!

Denver Jen said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you today as I'm sure it will be bittersweet. I hope you feel very honored today for all that you have done as a mother for so many kids.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.