Saturday, August 28, 2010

How To Rock A Friday Night...

... Mel Style ...

I spent a lovely evening manning a booth for our county at a local street fair. As always, we're trying to get the word out that we are in need of foster families and respite care providers.

Big Time.

A couple of us did free manicures for littles (mine ranged anywhere from 4-13) and I painted nails until it was too dark to see well. Note to self: Bring a light next year because the iPhone flashlight does NOT cut the mustard under these circumstances. I feel for my last few customers but did remind them they couldn't ask for a refund. LOL

It was a great turn out, I loved chatting it up with the kids and it was nice to catch up with some fav social workers I hadn't seen for a while. Hopefully we were able to get some new families on board.


Today my back is aching and my hands are covered in a rainbow of nail polish colors.

I couldn't be happier..

3 comments:

Kim @ What's That Smell? said...

Good for you! I actually think I'd be pretty good at painting kids nails. Did they let you do anything fun and funky? Like stripes?

Briana and Bella said...

Love it :)

Kristin said...

That sounds like so much fun!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.