Saturday, June 28, 2008

:o) !!

I'm pleased as punch to announce that all went well today for our home check! We've got a couple bits of paperwork to finish up and 4 hours of training (out of the required 32) to complete before July 9th. She'll go before the Board that day and they'll vote on our certification. Yay! Then, it's just waiting for that phone call...

The county is swamped and trying to get homes certified as quickly as possible. Just today two newborn, preemie twin girls were being discharged from the hospital and they were in scramble mode trying to find a home for them. Because of health issues, they need to be placed with a stay at home mommy or daddy. Keep those wee ones in your prayers...

We sat together on the patio, quietly eating a late lunch as the magnitude of the day set in. The last 6 months came down to this appointment.. holy moly. DH hit it right on the head..
"The easy part is over.. "

5 comments:

Reed said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you! We will have to redo your family tree pics pretty soon!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog thru Kadi, and I just wanted to say Congrats!! it seems like everything is falling into place just like it should be (but I wouldnt let them see that pic of you with the big hair, they might change their minds! LOL jk)

Cherish said...

I am a friend of Kadi's. Congratulations! I hoep everything continues to go smoothly for you!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!! That's wonderful that everything went well!!
The easy part may be over but now the "fun" part begins! :)

Christy said...

Hi Melissa,
There is a link on my blog (I hope it works) called Jayleigh's grand adventure, and she is going through this same process. If it doesn't work just let me know. It is a word press blog. I just thought you might like to meet her too.
Luv, Christy
Hey, try the link on my other blog www.babysoup.us her link works better from there.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.