Wednesday, December 24, 2008

O Little Town Of Bethlehem

Over at the Mile High Mamas forum there has been a discussion about family traditions at Christmastime. We all have them and they hold cherished memories. In the humble abode of my youth Christmas Eve dinner was a big deal.

Mama, Dad and I dined on a delectable steak dinner by candle light in the formal dining room (a place where access was normally denied). I was allowed to drink the soda of my choice (root beer) out of a fine wine glass while the likes of Burle Ives, Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby crooned softly from the stereo console. It was a time of gentle laughter and family harmony. The calm before the following morning that was all go.go.go. with presents, church and a day spent with my favorite Uncle, Auntie and cousins.

It was the most wonderful time of the year..

Our little family is still in the making. We await "The Call" and for a whole new chapter to begin. The discussion at MHM made me contemplate what parts of my family traditions I would like to carry on. I know some will come all on their own but there are a few I hope to create along the way.

This on my mind, I was thrilled to find the cd "A Bethlehem Christmas". It's a radio theater production of the first Christmas from the perspectives of Mary, Joseph and the angel Gabriel created by the wonderful folks at Insight For Living. Turns out, it's awesome and I am psyched to add this wonderful little treasure to our future family Christmas celebrations.

Wishing you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bren said...

Cool! And here I am, totally happy I just found my Donny Osmond Christmas CD.
But hey....you CANNOT to wrong with Donny. :-)

Unknown said...

Wow, now THAT sounds like a wonderful Christmas tradition to add to the list. I hope you had a great Christmas!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.