Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Exciting MckNews

My girlfriend Lizzie invited me for a day with MckMama at Focus on the Family! Next month MckMama will be joining us for a private tour of the FOTF campus, we'll have an intimate breakfast with her and Prince Charming (her hubby), chit chat with them informally then enjoy VIP seating to watch their interview for broadcast.

TRANSLATION

Although not a morning person, I'm waking up at 4am to make it to Colorado Springs by 8am. I'm happy to do so, by the way. Lizzie and I will have girl time undoubtedly consisting of (but not limited to) cackling, venting and gallons of coffee. Knowing the following MckMama has, we'll probably be 2 of thousands that show and hope to get a glimpse of her and her hubby. The tour will rock, as will the breakfast and question and answer period. Hopefully the VIP seating is not in the nose bleeds. But hey, even if we're way up top, it'll still be a blast.

If anyone has questions they would like me to (try to) ask, please send them along! Thanks again, Lizzie!!!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

One of the best jobs I had was working in drug abuse prevention. During that time, I taught parenting education classes and became familiar with the Focus on the Family programs, which seemed to be great curricula.

I'm so glad you have this opportunity and hope you have a great time!

Bridget said...

Lucky you! I love focus on the family and mckmama! How fun!

Wendy Whitlow said...

Hey Melissa,

I love Focus on the Family. When my son was younger and we lived in Denver I used to make him listen to the kids program on the radio. Sometimes I have him listen to it when I left the house for an errand...and I would put it on in the car...and come home and quiz him on the episode.

I love his www.pureintimacy.com Good stuff there.
Oh and I had no clue who McKMama is...but how in the world to you have the honor of having hundreds of replies to post. I get happy for the few I get...okay 3 or 4 Lol...
xo
Wendy

Liz K. said...

You are so welcome and I should be thanking you for joining me! Hopefully, it'll all still work out, but we'll see how Stellan is doing....luv you!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.