Friday, November 14, 2008

Daydreaming...


I stepped into her room today
Knowing she’s not there
This waiting for referral
Is more than one can bear

But taking in the moment
I sit down on the floor
And dream of her here with me
When waiting is no more.

A little giggle fills the air
As I rub her feet
I place my hand upon her heart
To feel its every beat.

A song is sung so very soft
Her eyes begin to close
She’s meeting me in dream land
A place where love still grows.

My vision now is very blurred
The tears stream down my cheeks
I’ve dreamed of her quite often
Throughout these past few weeks.

Suddenly a sound is heard
The phone rings in the hall
Waking up I quickly pray
Please let it be “The Call”.

Tom Fisher
© July 19, 2005


Photobucket

2 comments:

Bren said...

Oh honey, I actually SAW you in this poem, sitting in that front room. You're NOT supposed to make me cry like that. Sheesh
Love you. Come on Dammit! GET THE CALL! GET THE CALL!

Liz K. said...

my thoughts exactly bren...

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.