Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I've gotta be honest my friends, Valentine's Day isn't one of my favs. No pressure, fellas.. just make sure we know how important we are and how much you love us (and you better not skimp).

Or else.

DH and I have never gone over the top for this "holiday". We may exchange cards, I typically score some chocolates and that's the long and short of it. Hallmark doesn't make their quota thanks to us. It was a day that came and went without all the pomp and circumstance.

Until Now.

Missy (now known fondly as "Auntie MooMoo") came over Friday and spent the afternoon with Jack and Jill. They made Valentines for everyone that will be given out at our family dinner tonight. That's right, we're having one of our old time shin dings... with a new menu twist. Instead of all things gourmet, we're having homemade meatloaf, mashed taters and gravy, veggies and ice cream cake from DQ. It's safe to say the once flowing wine will be a trickle at best. Oh, and Gramsie is coming over to decorate sometime today.

Valentine's Day in these parts is the new holiday du jour. The kids are totally stoked and it's taking everything in them to not show us the hidden cards they've created. Although I was a skeptic I've gotta admit, it sure is fun to be a kid again.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Michelle said...

AWE - I miss the days when my kids were excited about Valentine's Day and brought home homemade cards they made in art class. So much fun!

Love your blog!
Michelle

Alison said...

KIDS!!! have I been MIA for that long..you have kids now?? congratulations!! I must read all your posts now and get caught up!!

Heather said...

I think part of the fun of parenting is being able to make a big deal out of holidays like Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day. :)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.