Friday, January 22, 2010

9 Days To Go..

.. and our foster hiatus is over! February 1st our name is officially back on "The Board". I spoke with one of our fav workers the other day (discussing the count down) and she laughed, asking if we thought we were ready to hit the ground running and jump back into the trenches..

YEP!

As I have mentioned before, placements are truly few and far between nowadays. The county is working doubly hard to locate viable family and friends to place the children with. It's truly the best thing for the kiddos and honestly, we're glad they leave no stone unturned. I can say without hesitation the workers in our county go above and beyond to reunify and it's just another reason why I am proud to be a foster parent. We may never adopt and we're okay with that. At the end of the day, just being "a bridge" is still living a life you can hang your hat on.

I know Mama would be proud, as well.

So Monday the 1st we go back to an active status and just watch.. it'll be six months before we get "The Call".

Or not.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I love your last line, "Or not."

You never really know, do you?

I admire your respect for the work the county does to locate viable friends and family to place the children with...almost as much as I admire your dedication to helping out as a foster parent.

Kudos!

cloudmaster said...

I look forward to hearing about new kiddos in your home. I was unable to watch your show live because I am unable to do certain things with the computer I have with me, but I was able to watch it from your blog. Very enjoyable and interesting. I look forward to more shows

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.