Thursday, January 29, 2009

A New Badge & A Big Day

I think I earned a new badge last night (if there is one for getting barfed on). Jack didn't eat much all day yesterday but had a hearty dinner. We were so proud of him. Afterwards on the couch they were taking their meds (the icky one they hate so much) and he gagged a bit. I was ready for him to urp a little up but no.. here came dinner. ALL.OF.IT. Poor little guy. By the time round 2 came on I was ready and caught most in a paper towel. A heck of a save if I do say so, myself.

Cousin Kadi has since given me some stellar advice on strategic garbage bag placement.

Today Nantie is taking the twins to the County office for their visit with Bmom. A worker will meet her outside, take the kids in and meet her back in the parking lot an hour later. The visitation is supervised, of course. It's common for kids in foster care to have really tough evenings after visits (meltdowns, etc) so we are on pins and needles over what is to come.

I'm back at work wishing I was with them..

Photobucket

4 comments:

cloudmaster said...

Yup....that's a new badge. There are plenty more where that came from. Honestly, it sounds like you are doing great

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, congrats on the placement. I use to foster until the break-up of my marriage, fostering was a blessing to me, I still keep in touch with my kids that have grown into adults. I fully understand the visits, I use to monitor them myself. I know what your going through but God Bless you! I had the chance to adopt my son I had him from three weeks to three years but a friend who could not bear children did, it was tough to go through but best for Eric. I am a extended in-law of your cousin Kadi's...I wish you the best.

Love,

Marie

Ann Harrison said...

You deserve much more than a badge. The ultimate title of MOM. Whoo-Hoo!

Unknown said...

Hey, you are now official!!! Having been barfed on is an honor reserved for the few, the proud, the trusted!! And catching round 2 in a the paper towel? Sheer genius!

Hope it all went okay. Let us know when you can. I'll be thinking of you this weekend.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.