Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dad & Me Revisited Part 9

Inhale...

As ya'll can imagine, the moment in the parking lot when the detective informed me the case was closed completely changed the course of my relationship with The Son. Probably forever. I didn't have to cut ties with him because he stopped calling or emailing. He knew darn well the jig was up. Having been chewed out (in a huge way) by me before he sure didn't want to face my wrath this time.

Smart kid.

Granted (remember I've harped on this before) he was only 18. Legally an adult but very much just a child. Back in good graces with a family that had deserted him, he chose himself over Dad. Self preservation.. it's a trait we all have and undoubtedly something he learned to master from She Devil.

I often wonder if, say 10 years from now, The Son will look back and realize the incredibly bad choices he made. If he will feel remorse for taking advantage of Best Friends Grandma and being so disrespectful to her. Will he think back sadly to all the times he should've visited Dad and chose not to?

I think he will and honestly, that makes me sad.

On the flipside, I firmly believe you reap what you sow. By all accounts She Devil and Lazy Husband are in for a whopper of a bumper crop. Wouldn't you all agree? It's not a matter of if but when. You can't pull the stunts like they did and walk away Scot free. They will get theirs and that is where I find peace.

Exhale? Not yet.. I've got one more thing to say..

4 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Oh, Melissa, this is an incredible story. Yes, She Devil and her offspring will be wallowing in their mudhole for a long, long time.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm really impressed with how you handled all this.

I'm still on the edge of my seat, though!

Kristin said...

I truly believe they will reap what they have sown. In personal cases, when I think about the issues, I add the little wish that I get to see the hammer drop.

Anonymous said...

I am responding to your project for Mom TV. I am an adoptive mom through international adoption. I would be willing to participate.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.