Wednesday, July 23, 2008

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things..

Since starting this little ditty, I've immersed myself into the world 'o blogs and (like everyone) have many that are my daily "must reads". I thought it would be cool every so often to do a shout out for them and encourage others to surf on over and check 'em out.

One of my hands down, absolute favorites is "Postcards From Insanity": http://afostermamaslife.blogspot.com/ It is wonderfully written by a woman that not only investigates child abuse but was also a foster parent for years. Her posts are from several years back, taken from entries in her journals and she also gives wonderful advice for us newbies. I recommend starting from the very beginning to get caught up with current posts. She has her "cast of characters" on her sidebar to help keep everyone straight.

She no longer fosters (something major happened that we have yet to read about) but still has awesome words of wisdom. If you are considering adoption, are a foster parent who can relate or just want to read a blog that will make you laugh, cry, shout out in anger and shout for joy it's a must read.

A warning.. it's not for the faint of heart but neither is the reality of being a foster parent.

Photobucket

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.