Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Is Knowledge Really Power?


Okay, it is... but I have to be honest.. it's scaring the hell out of me.

Since we began this whole, crazy process last December, we've plunged into the highly recommended books on neglect and abuse. If we're armed with information we won't be blind sided, right? Let me tell ya, these are no light summer reads. It's the most gut wrenching and heart breaking stuff imaginable... it has brought me to sobbing tears and given me nightmares. The abuse that goes on out there that those sweet, innocent angels endure is mind numbing.

I was at B&N picking up some books for Dad's birthday care package (he wants to learn about min pins) and I decided to grab a few more on adoption. Along with the ones that will make us wonder if we're worthy and up for this HUGE daunting challenge, I grabbed some uplifting ones, as well. Can I just say, it's a breath of fresh air getting to read snippets from the positive side of adoption for a change? I know it's not going to be the fairy tale and we can't love all the bad things away but I so needed encouragement for once. If any of you Foster and Adoption Gurus out there have any other reading recommendations, please pass them along!

Mama always said there's nothing like the healing power Chicken Soup (and prayer).. and boy, she was right!


Photobucket

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.