Monday, August 31, 2009

Holy Cow...

Okay.. so.. this is a whole new ballgame. Little Mannie and Little Miss Sunshine (that's the best I could do w/ names for now.. bear w/ me!) are sweet and darling. He is way bigger and more mature than 5 year old Jack (at 3 1/2!).. it's wild. She is a cutie.. but I'm not used to 6 month olds (ie: crying, feeding, burping, on and on). I've been told she wakes up every 3-4 hours for feedings. WHAAATTT??? I think it must be much cuter when they're your very own.

When they're not? Not so much..

It sounds like it should be a pretty fast paced case and they will be moved to a relatives home sooner rather than later. They want the kids to be out of limbo as quickly as possible. We will be a bridge once again.

The kicker? Nantie and I were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee Saturday morning and she lamented over our next placements.. she hoped for a 3 year old and 6 month old!! NO JOKE!

Winning lotto tickets, anyone??

4 comments:

GsMomAswifey said...

I just found your blog, I hope you don't mind but I would love to follow it.

My dh and I are in the midst of adopting through the county as well. We have a ds already through adoption, so this will be number #2.

It's late right now but I'm definitely coming back to read more....

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

Actually at 6months she should be eating less frequently than that. Try adding 1-2 extra ounces in the bottle each feeding. At 6mths, ok to start solids - rice cereal in a bowl. Then move onto the level 1 baby food. Plastic long handle spoons & small round Gerber bowls are perfect. And no - not much cuter when your own! But at this age, personality really starts coming out which makes it so much more fun!

Sheri said...

A bridge...perhaps...but a great, loving bridge!

I really liked the part about Nantie asking for a 3 year old and a 6 month old. Our thoughts and intentions are SO powerful!

Can't wait to hear more...

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Aww:) How much fun!! You are are such a great person for being there for them!:)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.