Monday, August 18, 2008

Parallel Lives Revisited?


Tomorrow night I am attending a monthly class being given by the county (my darling husband has a work related meeting so I'm flying solo). Although I am taking off an hour early from work I'll barely be making it by the seat of my pants. It's a 40 mile drive with a quickie stop by our house to care for our herd o' dogs. I will surely get stuck mercilessly behind the slowest drivers and hit every red light sequence. Road rage is more of a probability than a possibility and I will be drafting. Should be a hoot.

What I am looking forward to is the meeting itself. In attendance will be other certified fost/adopt and foster families. All are going for the required hours of independant study (we get 2 of the 3 hours needed monthly) and, I can imagine, it's a great time to learn something new, socialize and vent.

THE REALLY REALLY COOL part is that they provide child care in another part of the church during the discussion (social workers are on hand watching the kiddos). J told us that these meetings are going to be a primo opportunity not only for us to get to know the other parents but watch behaviours and meet the kids in foster care. If there is a child (or sibling group) that we are interested in, we can inquire about him/her/both.

Bottom line: I could very well be meeting our future child(ren) tomorrow night. How phenomenal and mind bending is that? I so wish DH could be there...

As per my Lilypie counter on the sidebar over yonder (--->), Tuesday will be 8 months and 2 weeks since we officially began our adoption journey. Legend has it (as per my Dear Auntie) Mama marveled that she met me just about 9 months after she and Dad started their process. She waited just like a Mommy carrying a baby waits. Could this be another case of us having parallel lives once again? I know the thought makes her smile down from Heaven. Time will tell..

The odds are good this is going to be yet another restless-can't-sleep-mind-spinning-tossing-turning kind of night.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a great thought!?! And such an exciting prospect!!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.