Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Big Meeting

DH had an emergency come up at work and was unable to attend the Big Meeting yesterday afternoon. They digitally recorded it and emailed it to me so he could listen to the whole thing (how cool is that?).

The girls pictures were darling and I was pleasantly surprised to hear they didn't have a laundry list of behavioural issues. My gut feeling was it was doable. When DH got home last night, he saw the pictures, listened to the whole meeting and then my overview of the phone call with their foster mom (she couldn't make it but we had a lovely hour long phone chat).

His gut feeling is it isn't a good match for several reasons. He had some very valid points (none of which I could counter). We need to go into this as a team and on the same page so our answer this time will be, "No".

So, it's back to waiting for The Call once again. Yes, I'm disappointed (and exhausted from anticipation) but for us to thrive as a family, it's got to be right and we have to agree.

That all being said, I'm in a really sad place today.



Tracee said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work out this time but I firmly believe that things work out the way they're meant to. It's soooo much smarter to make the tough call now rather than later. The right situation will come along soon enough, one that feels right to both of you. Until then, keep hanging in there.

((((Hugs from Pennsylvania))))

Stella said...

That must have been a really hard decision to make. I'm sorry.
I know you know it's the right thing for you guys but that doesn't make it any easier.
When it's right it will be so right and absolutely wonderful!1

Sending good thoughts and hugs your way!

hrw102779 said...

((Hugs)) I'm sorry these kids weren't meant to be...I believe yours are on the way, and I can't wait to read all about it when they finally find you :)


Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.