Sunday, October 12, 2008

Juno

To maintain our certification, DH and I are required to individually perform 3 hours of training each month. We were given a list of recommend books to read, movies and TV shows to watch and web sites for online courses that can be taken. Once completed, we fill out a form provided by our worker and fax it to a supervisor.

This month we decided to give the movie "Juno" a whirl. It's a story about a teenage girl that gets pregnant and decides to put the baby up for adoption rather than abort. After hearing all the hype this little Indie film received last year, I was totally skeptical. I likened the rave reviews to "Little Miss Sunshine" which I was sorely disappointed with. If it hadn't been on our list of approved movies, we would of passed on it for sure.

Much to our surprise, it was a delightful film. We've actually watched it twice and enjoyed it both times. It's fresh, funny and smart. I must admit it deserved all the praise and awards it received (including the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay) and DH and I give it two thumbs way up.

Now I'm off to find me a hamburger phone...


Photobucket

1 comment:

Karla said...

I LOVE JUNO! This, in my opinion, is one of the single most unrealized movies ever made. I think it's fantastic. I nearly didn't see it because I was sure that I would be disappointe. I was pleasantly surprised. Being from Minnesota it holds some special place for me, but honestly, I could watch it over and over and over... I have nothing but love for Juno. I'm happy you enjoyed it!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.