Friday, October 10, 2008

The Unforgotten


I actually got a call from "J" today. She is the worker that got snarky with me when we decided to pass on our first placement call. My heart skipped a beat when I realized it was her, but alas, it was a false alarm. She wanted to touch base and let me know she's stepping down. Someone will have her position filled by the end of the month and will be in contact with us soon.

Uh huh.

She reassured me we are still on "the list" (no mention of a black one but ya'll know my theory) and they haven't forgotten about us (even though it's been a month and a half since someone has dialed us up... whups.. was that my out loud voice? No? PPhheww!). They so appreciate our patience and understanding..

Niiceee.

What are the odds in the midst of the transition we get lost in their shuffle? From the looks of things so far, it's a pretty good possibility. On the bright side, maybe the next worker won't have an axe to grind with us. That would be most excellent!

I'm going to put a contest together and have some fun with this. Why not, right? A "Guess the Call Date" kinda thing..

*STAY TUNED!!!*


Photobucket

3 comments:

Rubi said...

I'm hoping the next worker you have will see how special you guys are right away and have the perfect baby for you asap!!

Bren said...

I'm thinkin (and we all know how dangerous THAT is) that when the NEWBIE gets posted and settled into the position that Ms. Snarky is leaving, you drive TO the office and have a face-to-face introduction so she/he can see it in your eyes....how much love you have to give to a child.
XOXO

Melissa said...

Thank You, Miss Rubi!

Bren, that's a fantastic idea. As always, you rock. :o)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.